You’re thinking of moving to the Windy City? The first thing to consider are the costs. Chicago moving prices and the financial aspect of the move can give anyone a headache more than the actual costs. There are plenty of things to consider. But it’s not that complicated.
But you don’t have to worry about it any longer. Because RMS Movers is here to provide Chicago moving prices that will settle your worries once and for all.
What are items included in Chicago moving prices?
Before calculating precise costs, there are items that determine how much moving into and across Chicago will cost. Home movers do home inventories, gauge the distance of a move, ask for moving dates, etc in order to give you an estimate.
- How heavy are your things? Chicago moving prices depend on the weight of the items being moved. So it might be a good idea to get rid of stuff you don’t need or donate them. Aside from reducing moving costs, you also get new household items.
- Do you have special requirements? Additional services and some specialty items bring extra costs.
- How far is your new residence? Chicago moving prices can be different depending on the mileage. It also depends on whether you’re arriving from another city or state, or just moving within Chicago.
At RMS Movers, the extra services include:
- Furniture assembly and disassembly
- Equipment moving
- Piano moving
- Safe or security box moving
- Pool table moving
- Automobile moving
Chicago Moving Prices Estimate
Think of your move in baby steps and pick an honest moving company you will trust with your things. For you, moving means storing or selling items, as previously mentioned.
Possible moving costs might include:
- Full-service moving
- Moving expenses (tape, packing, boxes, etc.)
- Temporary storage
- Moving truck rentals
- Toll charge for moving trucks
- Moving insurance
Some things you need to know about moving to Chicago:
- Moving costs within Chicago are calculated hourly. Flat-rate moving estimates can also be an option.
- Get a moving van parking permit from the city in advance. $25 should cover it. Plus, it’s required for moving trucks larger than 16ft that are parked for more than 1 hour.
- Estimated moving costs start at $95 per hour.
$50 initial deposit is required for the move.
Most moves are based on the list of items that the customers would like to move. That way, movers can determine the resources needed to satisfy the customer.
Work with RMS Movers
Skilled, experienced, courteous, and cautious with your things. Whether you’re moving locally or over a long distance, the pros at RMS Movers can help make the entire process fast, simple, and painless.
You can request a free quote from us today if you’re ready to start planning your move.